Classic Cozy Beds
Creating a classic cozy bed is not only about comfort, but a bedroom which embodies everything that you love. The bed is the focal point and the walls, ceiling, lighting, color palette all contribute to the feeling of your special place to rest and recharge. Please refer to these blogs for more inspiration and information: Focal Point Bed Designs, Beautiful Beds Beautiful Bedrooms, Trend Alert – Bedrooms With Classical Order, and The Best Upholstered Beds .
What contributes to a cozy bed.
- A great mattress and linen sheets.
Advantages of Linen Sheets
- Linen bedsheets are known as anti-allergic and recommended for people with skin diseases and also for children. Linen has unique filtering, bacteria resistant, ventilating, moisture absorbing and evaporating capabilities.
- Linen has high air permeability and heat conductivity properties – that means, it is a breathable fabric – makes you warm in the winter and keeps cool in the summer.
- Linen can absorb as much as 20% of its weight in moisture before feeling wet… thus, always having a pleasant, fresh, cool feeling when touched or slept on.
- Linen has a distinct texture and delightful softness to them, becoming even softer and shinier with each washing.
- Linen is anti-static and can even help soften and preserve the skin due to its natural pH balance.
- A linen sheet actually repels dirt.
- Linen is twice as durable as cotton bedding and can last decades (an investment).
- Linen is environmentally friendly – all the flax used to make linen is used in other ways – the seeds are pressed to make linseed oil which is used in floor coverings, such as linoleum, and paint. Linen is a renewable resource and it needs no irrigation. Linen is also fully biodegradable.
Classic Cozy Bed with Linens from LinenMe
Personally I do not use a top sheet and from my research many people agree with getting rid of the top sheet. LinenMe sells sheets separately.
2. Fluffy blankets and pillows.
Perigold – Pine Cone Hill Fleece Blanket
Wayfair – Mongolian Lumbar Pillow
Urban Outfitters – Shag Fluffy Pillows
Crate and Barrel – Mongolian Sheepskin Fluffy Lumbar Pillow
Amazon –Down Alternative Comforter
Soft Surroundings – Chalet Quilt and shams. I purchased this quilt and love it. So soft and it is on sale now!
4. Upholstered Headboard
Perigold – Sanctuary Bed upholstered headboard.
Love this upholstered headboard with curved arms. Super cozy.
4. Add a canopy for a really cozy classical bed.
1st Dibs Italian Canopy Bed
One Kings Lane – Designer Jeffrey Bilhuber, Photo: Tony Vu
David Bowie, Mustique home
The ultimate cozy bed has to be nook or turning a closet into a place for a bed headboard.
See instructions here for How to Turn a Closet into a Bed Nook
Great ideas for cozy bunk beds.
Cozy bed with a secret garden.
Comments are closed